- Collaborated with the Humanities teachers to teach grades 6-11 about Big 6 and Academic Honesty.
- Showed grade 6 students how to use the Britannica Database to finish their project about biographies in Arabic classes and how to cite printed and digital resources using MLA format.
- Ordered new books and magazines in both English and Arabic for the library and to support units in Arabic, Art, and IT.
- Cataloged around 80 new books.
- Provided access to the online library catalog by creating usernames and passwords for new teachers and all grade 6 students.
- Hosted two Book-a-chino events where students were welcomed into the library for reading and coffee.
- Promoted reading by creating a slideshow presentation highlighting one book and the headings for one selected magazine each week.
- Participated in professional development activities: Rethink, Reinvent, Rejuvenate Your Library, Library Professionals Forum, The Power of Google Search, English Language Learning Strategies, and MUN Workshop.
- Provided teacher training and support for Turnitin.
- Collaborated with Art to teach open-ended questioning techniques to grade 5 students researching Qatar architecture.
- Collaborated with Art to teach grade 5 students note taking strategies and citing an online encyclopedia article on architecture.
- Taught grade 6 students how to log in and use the online library catalog, including searching for books by reading level.