- Elementary students discussed library rules and procedures. Grade 1 students added to the library rules after reading Officer Buckle and Gloria by Peggy Rathman.
- Grade 2 students learned that books in the library are arranged alphabetically and read Alphabet Adventure by Audrey Wood and I Stink by Kate McMullan.
- Students in grades 3-5 practiced shelving books alphabetically by using the spine label, and discussed returning books to the correct location after reading Stella Louella's Runaway Book by Lisa Campbell.
- Kindergarten students toured the library, used flashcards to learn about library activities and behavior, and read كتب في كل مكان (Books Everywhere).
- The library staff developed a policy to allow parents to check out books from the QAK libraries and hosted a Family Library Afternoon. Over 30 parents attended with their children, and were treated to a musical storytelling of The Farmer in the Dell by Mrs. Iryna
- Secondary students participated in a Scavenger Hunt game to learn about library resources, policies, and procedures.
- Secondary students reviewed the Big 6 Research Steps.
- Mr. Islam and Mr. David collaborated to show Grade 9 students how to use Britannica Online for their Individuals and Societies course.
- Mrs. Melanie and Mrs. Lina collaborated on a unit assessment task for Grade 8 Visual Arts. Mrs. Melanie assisted students with the Task Definition step of the Big 6 Research Model and demonstrated how to use Image Quest and Google Art Project to select 3 artworks to analyze.
- Grade 9 Visual Arts students began researching Renaissance Portraiture. Mrs. Melanie assisted students evaluate websites and take notes.
- Secondary students were treated to coffee, tea, or hot chocolate and a wide selection of books during the first Book-a-chino event--a reading promotion to encourage students to read for pleasure.