- KG1 and KG2 students read stories about the 5 senses: Anf Nafnoof, Hek hek ya jeldi, and Aqlee yaool
- Grade 1 students read Handa's Surprise by Eileen Brown and made predictions. They also practiced asking good questions and read Little Red Hen Makes a Pizza by Philemon Sturgess.
- Miss Hissa taught collaboratively with Grade 2 Arabic and Islamic Studies about the elements of a story. Students selected their own stories and completed a story map. Students then choose a method for presentation and presented their stories to the class.
- Grade 2 students began their Library Alphabet Adventure by celebrating authors whose last names begin with A. Mrs. Fiona read Miss Nelson is Missing by Harry Allard.
- Grade 2 students read The Alphabet Book by Grahem Base and Handa's Surprise by Eileen Brown and made predictions.
- Grade 3 students reviewed the organization of fiction books in the library and read Widget by Lyn McFarland.
- Grade 3 students analyzed cause and effect relationships by reading If You Take a Mouse to School and viewing If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff.
- Grade 4 students reviewed the organization of nonfiction books in the library and toured the 000-099 section. Mrs. Fiona read Same-Same by Marthe Jocelyn.
- Grade 4 and 5 students prepared for Qatar National Day and review reference books by locating facts and figures about Qatar in the indexes of encyclopedias and almanacs. Mrs. Fiona read If the World Was a Village by David J. Smith.
- Grade 5 students toured the 100-199 section of the library and read What do You Stand For? by Barbara Lewis. Students then used the mini-tests in the book to prepare Biography interview questions.
- Mrs. Fiona and Miss Hissa attended the Elementary Interdisciplinary Unit Planning meeting to advocate collaboration with the library. Mrs. Fiona encouraged teachers to sign up for Qatar National Library accounts.
- Students learned about databases and explored Britannica Online with Mr. Islam. Students determined the advantages of using a database over using Google.
- Students determined the criteria for good research questions, learned the difference between factual and interpretive questions, and developed research questions of their own on given topics.
- Students used sample research questions to develop keywords using the 3M Keyword Strategy. Students also learned the benefits of Boolean searching.
- Students began a unit on Critical Evaluation of Sources and discussed the differences between publishing print and publishing on the Internet. Students used a rubric to evaluate a fake website.
- Mr. Islam visited the Al Khor Public Library to establish a community relationship. He discussed possible partnerships with the librarians there, and took a look at their collection. He found that while our students may not benefit from their collection, parents surely would.
- Librarians met with the Follett Representative to discuss improvements to Destiny and FollettShelf.
- Mr. Islam and Mrs. Melanie attended a 3-day professional development on Follett Software.
- Several students spent their Morning Break in the library with coffee, hot chocolate, tea, and a book during the November Book-a-chino.
- Mrs. Melanie helped Grade 6 students select a topic for their Biography Shoebox Project by demonstrating Britannica Online and WebPath Express search filters
- Mrs. Melanie helped Grade 8 girls find inventions to write about for Language Acquisition.