December 2013 and January 2014
- Grades 6-9 English classes practice prediction and inference while Mrs. Melanie introduces the English books for this year's Battle of the Books.
- The Grade 8 English class learn how to find sources; students compare and contrast the online catalog, search engines, and databases.
- The Grade 8 English class practices evaluating websites using the CRAP test.
- Mrs. Melanie visits Grades 4 and 5 English classes to help with their research on Animals and Countries, respectively; students use Super 3 to plan their research and begin taking notes.
- Grades 6-9 English classes have their first lesson in the new library; students complete a scavenger hunt to familiarize them with the new resources.
- Grade 6 Humanities use WebPath Express to research an Ancient Civilization; Mrs. Melanie teaches strategies for taking notes.
- Librarians participate on a committee to establish a school-wide Research Action Plan.
- Librarians participate in professional development opportunities: "ELL Instruction Strategies," "iPads in the Classroom," and "Critical Inquiry."
- Mr. Islam teaches Grade 6-9 students how to use EasyBib and Destiny to correctly document their resources.
- Grade 8 Science use WebPath Express for research with help from Mr. Islam.